This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Handheld Technologies Ireland (HHTI) is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its user community. The intent of this privacy statement is to detail the information (HHTI) may gather about individuals who visit its website and how that information is used. You should read this statement carefully before using the website.
(HHTI) uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which (HHTI) believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to (HHTI) maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. (HHTI)also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, (HHTI) will be acting on the instruction of its client, and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. (HHTI) may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. (HHTI) may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
We also collect statistical data via the website, which allows us to assess the number of visitors to the website and to identify what page is viewed most frequently.
LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Please note that this policy applies only to the (HHTI) and not to the websites of other companies or organisations to which we provide links. Any third-party websites are viewed at your own risk.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING ANY PERSONAL DATA
To meet (HHTI) contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries, or provide services requested directly by you. Legitimate interests pursued by (HHTI) and/or its clients.To promote the services offered by (HHTI) and/or to market the services and/or products offered by (HHTI) to existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to (HHTI) processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email of Data Protection officer or writing to us.
(HHTI) may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. (HHTI) requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
(HHTI) do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, (HHTI) may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. (HHTI)may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of (HHTI), its clients and/or the wider community.
(HHTI) will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed in accordance with (HHTI) Data Retention Policy.
Data is held in Ireland using multiple servers.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst (HHTI) is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that (HHTI) refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
(HHTI) at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (HHTI) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of (HHTI) or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
TO ACCESS WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS HELD, IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED
(HHTI) will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, passport, driving license, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If (HHTI) is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org of Data Protection Officer (DPO) or writing to us at the address further below.
LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Please note that this policy applies only to the (HHTI) website and not to the websites of other companies or organisations to which we provide links. Any third-party websites are viewed at your own risk.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENTS
(HHTI) may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. It is advisable that you review this Privacy Statement regularly for any such changes.
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Ireland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by (HHTI) or its partners, you have the right to complain to (HHTI). If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
Any queries relating to this Privacy Notice or the personal data we collect or use about you, can be directed to the Handheld Technologies Ireland, Data Protection Officer (DPO), Suite 2 Omega House, Collinstown Cross, Cloghran, Co.Dublin or email email@example.com